We’re excited that we’ll see you at Family Camp soon, and we hope that you’re looking forward to your time with us. If you’ve not returned all your completed camp forms, please mail them to the Wildwood office in Lincoln, MA, immediately, or let us know that you’ll bring the completed forms with you to camp. (Don’t forget copies of your health insurance cards!) If you need a new copy of camp forms or the camp handbook, visit our website to download them. The handbook also contains a suggested packing list (p. 12) to assist you as you prepare for camp.
If you need driving directions to Wildwood, look in your camp handbook (p. 18), or get printable directions from our website. (Once you get to Rindge, NH, using a GPS or online directions is inadvisable.)
A few reminders and suggestions:
• Wildwood is a large camp, and you’ll be happiest if you wear sturdy, comfortable shoes. We ask our staff and campers to wear shoes or sandals with a heel strap (not flip flops), except at the waterfront or in the shower.
• Wildwood is a Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary. For the health and safety of campers, staff, and wildlife, family pets may not be brought to Wildwood.
• For everyone’s safety, please plan not to use personal transportation like your own bikes and boats while you’re at Wildwood.
• Wildwood is a drug- and alcohol-free environment. Please do not bring alcohol or illegal drugs with you to camp or use them while at camp. Adult program participants may use tobacco products only in designated areas away from children.
• For high ropes activities, participating campers must be large enough for safety equipment to fit properly (usually age 6+).
• Camp is a great time to “unplug.” If you can, please leave electric and electronic devices at home. (Platform tents and yurts do not have electricity.) Adults who need to have cell phones should plan to turn them off or to silent/vibrate mode while participating in activities. Cell phone reception at camp is unreliable.
A sample schedule for family camp follows. You’ll receive a detailed schedule when you arrive. Activities and times are subject to change based on weather and other factors. All activities are optional, but please let us know if your family plans to leave camp or miss a meal. If you are unable to arrive at camp as scheduled on arrival day, please call the camp at 603-899-5589 to schedule an alternate arrival. If you haven’t made alternate arrival plans and don’t arrive at camp on check-in day, we’ll contact you by phone to determine when to expect your arrival.
2:00 pm Check-in begins – please plan to arrive before 3:00 p.m., or let us know if you’ll need to arrive later. A staff member will meet you at the parking lot entrance with name tags and unit assignments. Next, take your luggage to the appropriate marked area in the parking lot and we’ll transport your luggage to your unit. Walk to your unit and spend some time settling in to your living space. Introduce yourself to the other families near you. Then, join us at the waterfront to meet other families and enjoy activities! We’ll have swimming (weather permitting) and several ongoing activities available.
3:30 pm Welcome & All-Camp Orientation in the Amphitheater
4:00 pm Afternoon Activities
6:00 pm Dinner
7:00 pm Opening Campfire
9:00 pm Return to units to prepare for bed – Sweet dreams!
Each activity period will include several options: swimming, boating, walks & hikes, nature activities, crafts, and field games. (Some activities will require sign-ups so that everyone who wants to can try these activities.) Family activities for adults and children together, kids-only activities for campers ages 5 and older, and adults-only activities will be offered during each activity period. We may offer an adults-only digital photography workshop, so bring a digital camera if you’d like!
Second Day and Third Day
7:00 am PBJ (Pre-Breakfast Jaunt)
8:00 am Breakfast
9:00 am Morning A Activities
10:30 am Morning B Activities
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Siesta (quiet time in the units)
2:00 pm Afternoon A Activities
3:30 pm Afternoon B Activities
5:00 pm Family Time/Free Swim
6:00 pm Dinner
7:00 pm Evening Activities (may include: campfires, skits and songs, all-camp games, natural history activities, waterfront activities, or even a movie on a rainy evening)
9:00 pm Return to units to prepare for bed
7:00 am PBJ
8:00 am Breakfast
9:15 am Closing activities
10:00 am Return to units for packing. Wildwood staff will pick up your luggage and take it to the parking lot. Please sweep your cabin or tent and place any trash into the large central trashcan in your unit before you leave!
11:00 am All families depart
We look forward to seeing you and your family at Family Camp soon. Please feel free to call us at our toll-free number, 866-627-2267, or e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions!