We have another Woolapalooza in the books!
While we didn’t get a triplet birth like last year (much to Farmer Caroline’s relief, we’re sure), this year’s Woolapalooza was a huge success. The day started off with a touch of rain, but that didn’t stop more than 1,000 visitors of all ages from lining up for our annual sheep-shearing festival.
Here are some highlights from the day:
Kevin Ford shearing all of our adult sheep.
- Kevin Ford, Sheep Shearer
- Kevin shearing off up to 14lbs of wool while our sheep relaxes during his trim!
Learning and crafting along the Sheep-to-Sweater Trail
- Dyeing with natural color
- Making pom poms with the Drumlin Farm 4-H Club
Talented fiber artisans from all over Massachusetts.
- Chocolate cake made with Drumlin Farm Beets
- Bread from Iggy’s Bakery
- Hearty chili made with Drumlin Farm carrots
- Cookies from Verrill Farm in Concord, MA
Skillful sheep herding.
And of course, the stars of the show: Our lambs!
Thank you to all of our volunteers, vendors, sponsors, and staff for another great Woolapalooza. We hope to see you again next year!