Looking for a way to use the radish other than mixed in with salad greens ? Try putting the spicy Brassicaceae to use in a salsa. Like other members of its family, mustard, horseradish, and wasabi, radishes make use of allyl isothiocyanates, an organosulfur compound that gives it a noticeable spicy kick.
- 2 cups chopped radish
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion or spring onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or spring garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno or your favorite hot pepper to desired taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
After processing the ingredients as instructed, place them into a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
Taste the salsa and adjust the flavor as desired.
For the unmodified recipe click here.