Have a fun-filled weekend with our diverse mix of programs. Enjoy a moo-velous dairy festival, take a kayak adventure, discover how to garden for butterflies, and much more.
- Kick off National Dairy Month with Drumlin Farm’s Dairy Day. Learn how to make butter, cheese, and ice cream, meet goats and heritage breed cattle, watch milking demonstrations, take a hayride, enjoy crafts and games, and much more! Proceeds provide critical support for our education and conservation programs. (All ages, registration required)
- Try one of Blue Hills Trailside Museum in Milton’s Nature Rambles. Start your Sunday with a walk in the beautiful Blue Hills Reservation, and look for seasonal highlights among the flowers, insects, birds, and more. This week’s adventure is at the spring-fed Houghton’s Pond. (All ages)
- Enhance your outdoor spaces with Butterfly Gardening 101 at Boston Nature Center in Mattapan. Get tips on attracting these magnificent animals to your yard, including planting native flora that support butterflies through their entire life cycle. (Adult, registration encouraged but walk-ins welcome)
- Go on an aquatic adventure with Barnstable Harbor Kayak and Climb Sandy Neck Lighthouse sponsored by Barnstable’s Long Pasture. Paddle through Cape Cod’s largest barrier beach and salt marsh system and search for shorebirds, osprey, horseshoe crabs, and other creatures. Then, come ashore at the Sandy Neck barrier beach lighthouse and climb to the top for a fantastic view. (Ages 12+, registration required)
- Explore birding hot spots with Saturday Morning Birding sponsored by Joppa Flats in Newburyport. This area is one of the best year-round birding locations in the country, and a knowledgeable guide will show you the sights. (Adult)
- Frogs are a familiar part of our natural landscape, but how much do you know about these fascinating amphibians? Join Lakeville: The Chorus of Spring sponsored by North River in Marshfield. In this interactive program, find out how to recognize frog species in New England by their appearance and calls, and learn all about their connection to ecosystem health and human activities. (All ages, registration required)
- Add the sounds of nature to your yoga practice at a historic 1860s-era stone barn. Allens Pond in Westport offers Yoga at the Stone Barn, which is suitable for all levels. (Adult)
For a full listing, visit our online program catalog, where you can register for most of our programs.