Before the snow returns, join us for a fun program! We have something for everyone from birding to window gardening to cheesemaking. And be sure to check out our nature valentines!
- Take part in one of the world’s largest citizen science projects: the Great Backyard Bird Count. All you need to do is count birds on one or more days and report your sightings online. Everyone’s welcome, from beginners to experts.
- Join the experienced leaders from Joppa Flats for Saturday Morning Birding to bird the hot spots in the Newburyport/Plum Island area in search of avian activity. Beginners and birders of all skill levels are welcome. (Adults)
- Let’s make a valentine for the birds! During Stony Brook’s Sweets for Tweets in Norfolk, make an edible treat for the birds and take a short walk around the sanctuary. (Children,registration required)
- Learn why sea turtles strand on Cape Cod and discover what it takes to be a sea turtle researcher during Wellfleet Bay’s Sea Turtle Researcher for a Day. Collect data on a sea turtle model and see what the next steps are in the rehabilitation of these marine animals. Finish with a sea turtle craft to take home. (Family, registration required)
- During Drumlin Farm’s Simple Cheesemaking workshop, we will make and sample several different cheeses, including yogurt cheeses, paneer, mozzarella, and fresh goat cheese. You will leave with samples, recipes, resources, and the confidence you need to pursue cheesemaking, one of the oldest forms of food preservation, on your own. (Adults, registration required)
- Is your green thumb going to waste during the winter months? Join Boston Nature Center for Window Gardens to learn how to garden right inside your home. Going beyond herbs, we will explore growing everything from micro-greens to sugar snap peas right in your kitchen window. (Adults, registration encouraged)
- Sugar maples have a long and interesting history in New England. Dive into it during Ipswich River’s Becoming a Sugar Maple: Philosophical & Social Consciousness of Maple Sugaring in Emerson & Thoreau. (Adults, registration required)
For a full listing, visit our online program catalog, where you can register for most of our programs.