Learn how to take better photographs, explore the night sky, get a glimpse of migrating shorebirds, search for turtles, and listen to a folk concert with us this weekend.
- Take your outdoor photography skills to the next level by registering for Nature Photography Workshop: Precious Pollinators at Boston Nature Center. Topics include exposure, lighting, composition techniques, image critiques, and the ethics of nature photography. We will go outside to take photographs and, if time permits, come back indoors to discuss ways in which to enhance our images. (Adults, registration required)
- Join Joppa Flats for Focus on Shorebirds to explore the Newburyport area looking for a range of shorebirds including black-bellied and semipalmated plovers, greater and lesser yellowlegs, semipalmated and least sandpipers, short-billed dowitchers, willets, Hudsonian godwits, and more. During our program, we will focus on the many aids to field identification including physical characteristics, habitat preference, and feeding techniques. (Adults, registration required)
- What better place for Saturday Morning Yoga than the Stone Barn at Allens Pond in South Dartmouth, with nothing but the sounds of birds and nature serving as the backdrop to your session? Taught an instructor from Yoga on Union, this program is suitable for yogis of all levels.
- At Stony Brook in Norfolk, turtles are the main attraction during the summer months. As part of Totally Terrific Turtles, we will explore the sanctuary looking for the four species of turtles that live here. Learn everything you wanted to know about turtles and more in this “exshellent” program. (All, registration required)
- In honor of Felix Neck’s Fern & Feather day camp’s 50th anniversary, singer, songwriter, and guitarist Cindy Kallet will perform a special Benefit Concert Sunday night at Grange Hall in West Tisbury. Kallet ties to Martha’s Vineyard and Felix Neck date back to the 70s and 80s, when she volunteered and worked at the wildlife sanctuary as a teacher-naturalist and camp counselor. All proceeds from the concert will go toward the Fern & Feather Day Camp Scholarship Fund. (All, registration required)
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs. And if you’re out taking photos, don’t forget to enter the 2014 Mass Audubon Picture This Photo Contest!