Let’s hope the forecasted isolated showers stay isolated as this weekend is chock-full of activities you won’t want to miss! Here, just a sampling.
- Enjoy all things butterfly related during Broad Meadow Brook’s 5th Annual Barbara J. Walker Butterfly Festival in Worcester on Saturday. Activities include naturalist-led walks, live caterpillars, butterfly art, face painting, butterfly garden tours, butterfly plant sales, music, food, and much more.
- UPDATE: This program has been cancelled due to weather. Join Drumlin Farm’s Tia Pinney on a Saturday afternoon Naturalist Walk at the wildlife sanctuary and get tips on observing, exploring, and appreciating the world around us.
- Take in the annual Perseid Meteor Show with a naturalist from Laughing Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Hampden on Saturday night. The program starts with an info session indoors, before heading outside to look for meteors. (registration required)
- Allens Pond in Dartmouth will also be meteor-gazing, but with cameras in hand. During their Photographing the Perseids Meteor Shower, you’ll learn tips for capturing the night sky with photographer Myer Bornstein. (registration required)
- First, learn all about the wonderful world of dragonflies and damselflies during Joppa Flats’ Introduction to Odes in Newburyport on Sunday. Then go out looking for odes in the various wetland and upland habitats they prefer. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs happening this weekend, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.
Photo via FreeDigitalPhotos.net