Looking for a fun weekend adventure? We can help! Here’s just a sampling on what Mass Audubon’s wildlife sanctuaries have in store.
- Join Broadmoor in Natick for a leisurely Summer Morning Canoe on the Charles. Listen to bird songs and watch for great blue herons, turtles, and dragonflies as we paddle during the quiet morning hours. (registration required)
- Take a look at the night sky through big telescopes with local astronomers during Moose Hill’s Free Star Party Saturday night.
- It’s never too early to start to appreciate the wonders of nature! First Child in the Woods is your opportunity to explore the nature and beauty of Arcadia in Easthampton and Northampton with your infant or toddler. (registration required)
- Come to Joppa Flats’ free Butterflies & Bugs and see such winged wonders as American ladies, swallowtails, monarchs, skippers, and more. Enjoy a guided nature walk, play a few rounds of the Monarch Migration Game, and take home a fun craft or two.
- During the Blue Hills Trailside Museum’s Family Bog Walk, go on a guided stroll of the unique and mysterious world of Ponkapoag Bog. On the boardwalk, learn about the habitat surrounding you and the animals and plants which call the bog home, especially the carnivorous pitcher plants and sundews.
- Go on an exciting Guided Kayak adventure on Sengekontacket Pond with a Felix Neck naturalist. Paddle by Sarson’s Island to see nesting shorebirds and learn about the natural history of Martha’s Vineyard. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.