Here’s hoping the rain doesn’t dampen the entire weekend! We have some fun programs scheduled, should the weather cooperate.
- Join Allens Pond in South Dartmouth for Yoga at Stone Barn and start your Saturday morning with nothing but the sounds of birds and nature serving as the backdrop to your session. (registration required)
- Explore the birding hotspots of the Newburyport/Plum Island area with guides from the Joppa Flats Education Center, part of their weekly Saturday Morning Birding program.
- On Pleasant Valley’s Canoe Trip to Upper and Lower Goose Ponds, explore the coves and marshes of one of the Berkshires’ most beautiful lakes by canoe as we search of ravens, hawks, herons, and a variety of songbirds. (registration required)
- Use dip nets and magnifiers to search for swimming, flying, and burrowing wildlife on the Wellfleet Bay’s beach at low tide as part of the Seashore Ramble. We hope to see crabs, turtles, fish, and much more! (registration required)
- Join a Felix Neck naturalist on an exciting Guided Kayak adventure on Sengekontacket Pond. Paddle by Sarson’s Island to see nesting shorebirds and learn about the natural history of Martha’s Vineyard. (registration required)
- During Boston Nature Center’s family-friendly Urban Birds, take a closer look at birds that call Boston home. After exploring and observing birds and their nests along the trails, we will test out our very own nest building skills back at the nature center.
- Join Long Pasture in Barnstable as we Kayak Cape Cod’s largest barrier beach and salt marsh system and see for yourself why this is one of the state’s most impressive coastal ecosystems. Traveling the great marsh by kayak offers a whole new perspective on nature, and an intimacy with the tide. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.