Looks like the rain will clear, just in time for the weekend! And what a weekend it will be. We’ve got so many great programs planned, including several to enjoy with Dad. Please note: Drumlin Farm’s Strawberry Day has been postponed. The new date is Saturday, June 22.
- Celebrate Father’s Day early with a Father’s Day Weekend Canoe & Breakfast on Saturday at Broadmoor in Natick. Watch the morning mist rise off the river then enjoy a hearty breakfast served on the banks of the river. (registration required)
- On Sunday afternoon, take a relaxing Father’s Day Paddle at Arcadia in Northampton & Easthampton. Learn about the resident plants and animals that you can observe while paddling this quiet stretch of water. (registration required)
- Take a Father’s Day Hike at Wachusett Meadow to the summit of Brown Hill, looking for red-tailed hawks patrolling the meadows along the way. (registration required)
- During Dad and Me, spend some quality family time while discovering Moose Hill in Sharon. You’ll be given a series of clues that will send you to various places and habitats within the sanctuary, and continue until you come to your family’s prize package.
- Join Joppa Flats for Father’s Day Tide Pool Cruise along the lower Merrimack River. We’ll look for seabirds, seals, and waterfowl and learn about this vital part of the area’s natural history. (registration required by 4 pm on Saturday)
- Learn to bird by ear with Pleasant Valley in Lenox during Chirps, Cheeps, and Warbles. This bird walk is designed for beginner and intermediate birders working to improve their auditory identification skills.
- Go on an 5.5 mile Appalachian Trail Adventure Hike with Connecticut River Valley Sanctuaries. Along the way, we’ll discover many natural wonders of Mount Greylock’s dynamic forests, its glacial erratic “boulder-trains,” and gorgeous tumbling mountain brooks. (registration required)
- Find out what varieties of native plants will attract butterflies to your own yard during Butterfly Gardening 101 at Boston Nature Center. (registration requested)
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.
Photo © Lauren Kreyling