The long weekend weather forecast is not what we were hoping for. But just in case things take a turn for the better, here a few ways to enjoy the outdoors.
- In honor of World Turtle Day (which was yesterday), several of our wildlife sanctuaries are hosting turtle-related programs including Turtle Day at Laughing Brook in Hampden (update: this was cancelled due to weather), Turtle Festival Saturday and Sunday at Wellfleet Bay (will take place rain or shine), and Turtle Time at Ipswich River in Topsfield. (registration may be required)
- Explore the birding hotspots of the Newburyport/Plum Island area with guides from the Joppa Flats Education Center, part of their weekly Saturday Morning Birding program.
- Go on a family-friendly Owl Prowl at Wachusett Meadow in Princeton on Saturday. We’ll start by reading Owl Moon by Jane Yolen, before heading outside in search of owls. (registration required)
- On Monday, enjoy a free Beach Ramble with Allens Pond in South Dartmouth. As part of this family-friendly program, we’ll meander through grassland meadow before walking by the salt pond onto a sandy beach. (registration required)
- Cloudy days are often the best time to try out new binoculars and see how they measure up. Stop by the Audubon Shop at Drumlin Farm for a wide selection and expert advice.
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.