It may not look like spring out there, but hopefully it will soon start to feel like it! Get into the spirit with one of these fun weekend programs!
- During the South Shore Duck Run 2013 on Saturday, we’ll work our way from Manomet Point in Plymouth to the Glades in Scituate, looking for loons, grebes, brant, scoters, long-tailed ducks, goldeneyes, harlequins, and more. (registration required)
- During the introductory On Your Mark, Get Set, Garden class at the Boston Nature Center in Mattapan, learn the steps to start growing at home. It’s not as hard as you think, so come and see for yourself and take home some seedlings of your own. (registration required)
- Bring your family for a Beaver Hike to discover the lodges and dams of the beaver families at Wachusett Meadow in Princeton, as well as signs of other wildlife that find homes in beaver ponds. (registration required)
- During the family-friendly Bluebird Nest Box Building Workshop at Pleasant Valley in Lenox, we will assemble pre-cut bluebird nesting box kits. Participants will also learn where and how to place their boxes in the right habitat as well as about eastern bluebird conservation efforts. (registration required)
- Discover what happens on both the sandy and rocky coastlines when night falls during the Moonlit Beach Walk at Allens Pond in South Dartmouth on Saturday night. Also learn about our returning migratory species and how they make use of the coastline. (registration required)
- Early spring can be an interesting time to look for mushrooms. Take a guided Fungi Field Walk around Drumlin Farm in Lincoln on Sunday to discover as many fungi as we can. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.
Photo vis USFWS