- Come visit the first spring babies at Drumlin Farm in Lincoln! Jasmine the goat’s triplet kids, all female, were born last week. They love to jump, climb on their mom, and have a lot to say.
- Maple Sugaring season is in full swing! Get it on the action this weekend at Habitat in Belmont,
Blue Hills Trailside Museum in Milton, Ipswich River in Topsfield, and Moose Hill in Sharon.
- Now is a great time to observe hawks and other raptors flying over the fields in search of prey. Join Arcadia in Easthampton and Northampton for Winter Raptors to search for red-tailed hawks, northern harriers, merlins, sharp-shinned hawks, Cooper’s hawks, and more. (registration required)
- Come build a nest box and help birds prepare for the busy nesting season during Happy Mealworms and Nest Box Workshop at North River in Marshfield. Learn about tree swallows, house wrens, and other cavity-nesting birds. Find out how easy it is to raise your own mealworms, a favorite food of bluebirds, and take home a mealworm starter kit. (registration required) UPDATE: Due to the weather, this has been cancelled.
- During Botanical Illustration Class at Wachusett Meadow in Princeton, you’ll learn lighting and composition techniques to help you produce beautiful and accurate drawings. We’ll use colored pencils to draw plant specimens. (registration required)
- Hit all the birding hot spots in the Newburyport/Plum Island area with Joppa Flats’ Saturday Morning Birding. Beginners and birders of all skill levels are welcome. Don’t forget to bring your sense of excitement about this great area, one of the best year-round birding locations in the country.
- Pleasant Valley’s Bird Banding Demonstration is a great chance to observe handheld birds. Participants will help gather data and release the birds unharmed.
For a full listing of programs, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.