- The Geminids Meteor Shower is in full swing. Enjoy the show with meteor-focused programs Friday at Broadmoor in Natick or Moose Hill in Sharon, or Saturday at Stony Brook in Norfolk. (registration required for Broadmoor and Stony Brook)
- Red cardinals, dark-eyed juncos, and black-capped chickadees are just some of the beautiful birds that stay with us all winter. During Winter Backyard Birding at the Boston Nature Center, learn how to use binoculars, go on a bird hike, and create some seed and fruit art for the birds to enjoy. (registration required)
- Would you like to help endangered sea turtles? During Sea Turtle 911 at Wellfleet Bay, hands-on activities will help you learn why sea turtles strand on Cape Cod in the fall, and what you can do to help them. We’ll also patrol a local beach in search of turtles to rescue. (registration required)
- Saturday marks the annual Holly-Days Walk at Ashumet Holly Wildlife Sanctuary in Falmouth. Ashumet is home to more than 65 types of hollies. Participants can bring one grocery bag with them to fill with holly boughs for the holidays.
- During Drumlin Farm’s Saturday afternoon Naturalist Walk, explore the habitats of the sanctuary as we follow the seasonal changes through the year. Each walk will focus on a particular area or habitat as we build our understanding of ecological communities and our mutual interdependence.
For a full listing of programs happening this weekend, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.