- Make milkweed pod ornaments, wreaths woven from vines, and more during Gifts from Nature at Ipswich River. (registration required)
- Drop in to Broad Meadow Brook’s Holiday Craft Open House anytime between 1:00 and 4:00 pm on Saturday to make ornaments, listen to music, and enjoy holiday goodies. (registration required)
- Make a craft and take a guided walk with Felix Neck on Sunday as part of Nature Ornaments and Crafts.
- Cosponsored by Connecticut River Valley Sanctuaries and Tamarack Hollow Cultural and Environmental Program, the Boreal Forest Winter Treasures: Balsalm Fir Tree Wild Crafting in Windsor will teach you how to identify balsalm fir. Take a short walk to harvest fresh branches and tree sap and then make simple craft projects such as a mini wreath, door hanging, or oil scenters. (registration required)
Not much of a crafter?
- During Sea Turtle Evening Rescue, learn why sea turtles get stranded and then help the folks at Wellfleet Bay look for found cold-stunned turtles on Cape Cod Bay Saturday night. (registration required)
- Pleasant Valley’s Bird Banding Demonstration gives you a chance to observe handheld birds. We’ll demonstrate the proper use of mist nets and banding birds, all the while sharing valuable information that can be obtained by this fieldwork.
- Ever wanted to get up close and personal with reptiles and amphibians? Join entomologist and herpetological enthusiast Teá Kesting-Handly for The Remarkable Realm of Reptiles (and Amphibians Too!) at the Boston Nature Center. There will be opportunities to see live animals while learning about their behavior. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs happening this weekend, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.