- Close encounters with osprey nests and other bird life is a certainty during the Kayaking Bass Hole/Gray’s Beach expedition with Long Pasture. (registration required)
- If you’ve ever planted herbs and wondered what to do with them, you don’t want to miss Growing and Using Herbs at Canoe Meadows in Pittsfield. Join a Master Gardener for a practical demonstration about how to propagate and use organically grown herbs. (registration required)
- Enjoy a paddle down one of the most beautiful stretches of the Charles River. Watch as the sun sets over the river and listen for the evening sounds of birds, frogs, and other creatures during Broadmoor’s Evening Canoe Paddle. (registration required)
- Want to contribute to a national study of the monarch butterfly population? Join Broad Meadow Brook in Worcester for Monarch Larva Monitoring. After a brief training, you’ll go out and search for monarchs in their miniature forms—tiny eggs and caterpillars barely the size of the period at the end of this sentence. (registration required)
- Cruise through Nauset Marsh in a pontoon boat in search of ospreys, great blue herons, terns, willets, oystercatchers, and plovers during Wellfleet Bay’s Nauset Marsh Scenic Cruise. Learn about salt marsh ecology and the cultural history of the area. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs happening this weekend, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.