- Broadmoor’s Getting the Most of Your Digital Camera Workshop on Saturday is designed to help you understand the features of digital cameras. After learning the techniques, you’ll go outside and use the landscape and creatures of Broadmoor to practice. (registration required)
- Stop by the North River Wildlife Sanctuary in Marshfield on Saturday for their Holiday Open House. Do some holiday shopping in our unique gift shop, enjoy tours of the North River house, learn about attracting birds to your backyard, and more.
- Need some time to do holiday shopping without the kids? Drop your child off at Stony Brook for Critter Craft Day on Saturday. We’ll entertain your child with fun activities, stories, games, and critter crafts. (registration required)
- During Owling at Wellfleet Bay on Saturday night, join naturalist Dennis Murley for an indoor presentation to learn more about the predatory skills and survival techniques of owls. Then, if conditions are right, we will go outside to look and listen for we hooting great horned owls, trilling screech owls, and tooting saw-whets. (registration required)
- Enjoy a Sunday morning looking for the Early Winter Birds of Plum Island with Ipswich River. Parker River National Wildlife Refuge on Plum Island is a good place to spot winter finches, sea ducks such as wintering loons and grebes, and, of course, snowy owls. (registration required)
For a full listing of programs happening this weekend, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.
Photo via U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service