- Bring your family and friends for a pre-Thanksgiving two-hour guided Big Woods Hike at Ipswich River on Sunday and discover how plants and animals prepare for winter. Hikes leave every 15 minutes, between 12:00 pm and 1:30 pm. (registration required)
- Get in to the Thanksgiving spirit and learn everything there is to know about the wild turkey during Turkey programs at Laughing Brook, Oak Knoll, and Boston Nature Center. (registration required)
- Join guest ornithologist Paul Champlin on a Guided Bird Walk along Allens Pond’s trails or to special habitats not open to the public in search of seasonal birds. We’ll prowl the thickets and shoreline of South Dartmouth and learn to recognize migratory birds as well as those who will have remained onsite through the winter months. (registration required)
- Keep an eye out for harbor and gray seals, migrating kittiwakes, loons, gannets, and sea ducks during Wellfleet’s Bay Seal & Seabird Cruise in Cape Cod Bay for families on Saturday. (registration required)
- Come explore the different textures, shapes, and colors of bark as part of Saturday’s We’re Going on a Bark Hike! in Marshfield. Learn why it’s such an important part of a tree and discover that each species has something to bark about. (registration required)
- During Joppa Flats’ Nature’s Harvest Free-for-All on Sunday in Newburyport, you can sample delicious homemade treats made with local beach plums and cranberries; test your skill at tree identification; take a guided birding walk; listen to stories; and more!
For a full listing of programs happening this weekend, visit our online program catalog, where you can now register online for many of our programs.